Protect yourself against Internet fraud !
The vast majority of ads are posted by trusted people, so you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few rules of common sense following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, Money Gram or by any other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept Cheques.
- Keep copies of all (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made by Western Union, Money Gram or Cheques.
- The messages are in broken texts.
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems too good to be true.